Dear Parents and Guardians,
The West Greene School District Administrative Team has been attending meetings with regard to status updates from the state. The information that we receive is very fluid in this historic situation. Please keep in mind that direction about how the state and school district can proceed are tied to the federal regulations that we must meet under educational law. As soon as the details about closings and make-up days is provided, we will have a much clearer path on how to proceed.
Here are the updates that we can provide to you at this time.
- We are supposed to receive further state guidance on Wednesday afternoon with regards to closings and make-up days.
- Digital education has not been finalized or approved in the West Greene School District. We are currently evaluating the resources that are available to our students. West Greene SD does not have a state approved Flexible Instructional Day Plan filed with the state at this time, nor do the majority of school districts across the state.
- The packets that were sent home on Friday are not currently required, however, depending on further information, this could change. We ask that you please continue to work with your child with their work as a substitute for the regular instructional day.
- Students and teachers are not to report to school as per Governor Wolf's order. The administrative staff, 12 month clerical, and custodial cleaning staff will be on site.
- We do not know if these 10 days will need to be made up. We are hoping to have that guidance later this week. If these days do need made up, we will adjust the calendar accordingly.
- We will be hosting child feeding sites across the district in 4 locations starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020. More information will follow.
As we receive more information, we will be sure to share it with you on our web site, Facebook, and Twitter account. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact your child's school.
West Greene School District Administrative Team